Michigan Citizens for Justice has materials and speakers who will come to your group and present information about people in Michigan who have committed a sex offense, Michigan’s sex offense laws, and sex offense safety in Michigan.
In our presentation we will break myths, present facts, and answer your questions.
- Do you wonder why Michigan has over 40,000 people on its registry, the 4th largest and the 4th largest per capita in the United States?
- Did you know there are women and children on Michigan’s sex offender registry?
- Does Michigan have laws restricting where registered citizens can live?
- Who is being helped, and who is being hurt, by Michigan’s sex offense laws?
- What have the courts said about Michigan’s Sex Offender Registry? What is ex post facto?
- How can you prevent future sex crimes?
If you are interested in learning more or having a speaker come to your meeting, please email email@example.com
- Northridge Prison Ministry meeting, Plymouth, August, 2019
- Episcopal Church of the Incarnation, public invited, Ann Arbor, May, 2019
- Citizens for Prison Reform meeting, Lansing, February, 2018